Tuesday, October 16, 2007

apologies for the tardiness!

These pictures are all from the first day of our bus tour. We visited hakka houses, or ke jia tu lou. They are large round multi-storied buildings that served as both fortresses to keep out invaders or thieves, and houses for many families. The walls are made out of rice, dirt, and sugar.


I generally amused by English translations here, but this one takes the cake! We're still not sure what they meant to say.



The countryside was absolutely gorgeous. I took many pictures here that remind me of what I expected China to look like before I came.


This is the outside of a hakka house. This one was built in the early 1900s, so it's not actually extremely old by Chinese standards. We visited a Buddhist temple which was built in the 1200s.


I apologize for the tardiness of this posting. My parents came to visit me couple weeks ago, and the week after we went on a 9 day bus tour of Southern China, and then last weekend we went on another short bus tour. I'm really looking forward to having a free weekend. I'm posting pictures from the bus tour. I have a ton of good pictures from the tour, so it's hard to choose which ones to share with you. I have chosen these for now. I will try to post more frequently.

No comments: